as part of the Hashsnap platform.
information that we collect, the purposes for which we use such information, and your choices regarding our use of it.
The steps we take to protect your personal information and how you can review and correct your personal information are also covered here.
Collection of information:
- Personal information we collect from you may include:
- your name;
- company/organisation name;
- email address;
- phone number;
- and other information you actively submit.
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you the services.
- Other Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use our services we may automatically collect the following information:
- metadata relating to the content you submit including time and location and content/project identifier, and technical information, including the type
of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network
interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), make and model of handset, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the
type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting;
- details of your use of any of our services including, but not limited to: traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the
resources that you access;
- location information: we may also use GPS technology or other technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled services
require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for
this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling the location permissions on your mobile device;
- other technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser
type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time);
pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as
scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
How is your personal information used?
We will use the information you provide to us or that we collect to:
- provide you with our services for which you have signed up;
- provide you with personalised visits to the service and to keep you logged into a project;
- attach and provide context, relevancy and other information to and about the content you submit;
- recommend goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you (but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes);
- develop our offers and the layout of our service to ensure that our services are as useful and enjoyable as possible;
- provide us with technical diagnostics that help us identify possible hardware or software incompatibilities or service improvements;
- contact you; and
- send out email alerts you may have signed up for.
With whom is your personal information shared?
We may disclose your personal information in the following ways:
- to group companies in our common control;
- to third parties acting on our behalf to process, organise or host data for us. These data processors will not have separate rights to use your data
and will always act strictly in accordance with our instructions.
We may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of our service in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic
patterns and other information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these
statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information. Examples of the type of
situation where this would occur would be:
- in the administration of justice; or
- where we have to defend ourselves legally.
Finally, in the event of a reorganisation, sale or takeover of the company or business we may need to disclose or transfer personal information as part of
that sale or transfer.
The requirements of Data Protection Laws
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of your personal information by us as very important to our successful operation, and to maintaining confidence
between us and our users. We ensure that our organisation treats personal information lawfully and correctly.
usage of personal information:
- we will only collect sufficient personal information for the uses set out above;
- we will endeavour to keep your personal information up-to-date;
- we will not retain your personal information longer than necessary unless required to do so by law;
- we will operate appropriate technical and organisational processes to protect your personal information against unauthorised or unlawful access or
Reviewing your personal information
In some cases, you can review and correct personal information provided through our service by going to the page on which you provided the information.
In all cases, you can make a subject access request to review your personal information collected via our service or ask us to stop using it by sending us
an email. We may take steps to verify your identity before providing you access to your personal information and may request a small administrative fee.
You can help us to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change.
Links to other websites
Our service may contain links to other websites. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not
responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites.
If you have questions regarding this policy or our handling of your personal information, please contact us. We will promptly address your concern and
strive to reach a satisfactory resolution.
Last updated on October 4th 2018.